PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Romania
Thread: Jobs in Romania
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2007, 21:57
countbat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for taking the time and trying to enlighten me about that place of the world.
First I would like to apologize my fellow pilots called mistakenly foreigners. I did it just to make the difference between someone born here and someone born outside US. To me everybody who put his foot in this country is an American and should be protected by the same laws like myself. I believe we have this law and until INS resolves his case he or she is considered an American and has the same rights as anybody else. Except voting.
Also since 9/11 for someone with no Green Card became harder to get a flying job. It is TSA and that could change in the future. After all we are an immigrant nation.
I had the chance to fly twice and spent some time in Romania. Ordinary people were impressive friendly and welcoming. On the same token I noticed every official from the corner traffic agent to the president of the country was a symbol of corruption, lack of any feeling for its own people, bleeding dead its own people, destroying their own country. I wonder how Romanian people can take all this?
I don’t need a job just something to do during our stay over there. I would like to fly (10000 total flying time, right now B737 Captain) while my wife ( she is the one willing to go to Romania) will be doing her charity work. It might be a long stay so if that the case I am thinking to do something out of it. That’s it.
Fly safe.