PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Romania
Thread: Jobs in Romania
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2007, 18:57
219joochiat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=alexban;3050886]219: ever been in Romania? I suggest you spend a holliday checking the mountains,the Danube Delta and all the rest.You may change your view.

Indeed, been there in 03...
so I won't change my views and enlight you a bit...
Yes, Romania can be very beautiful if you limit yourself to a couple of spots...But in that case, I've heard that between Mogadishio and Kismanyo you can find the most beautiful beaches of the world
Is this worth thinking about landing a carreer there???
So what do you want? the postcard or the day to day reality?
Because for sure you will enjoy having a café in the heart of Little Paris, ie Lipscani district but when going home you will find on your way hundreds of street kids leaving like and with dogs for protection then YOU may change your views (and I am talking about KIDS, not teen agers here).
I have never seen such poverty in Albania or Moldova which are supposed to be even poorer than Romania.
As for the beautiful forest in the Carpathes, their trees are dying of cyanide pollution and there's tensions big time with neighbour Hungary about this pollution coming from Romania and out of control.
So yes, nice places, very educated people who will make a trip enjoyable...
That is if you can turn a blind eye to all the rest.
Remember this TV program showed in the US a couple of years ago about Romanian orphans??
Check on internet, then come back and tell me where I am wrong when I told you about poverty, lack of social services and so on....
Mountains, Danube delta won't be enough to change my opinion.