PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Romania
Thread: Jobs in Romania
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2007, 17:41
alexban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
219: ever been in Romania? I suggest you spend a holliday checking the mountains,the Danube Delta and all the rest.You may change your view.
Indeed ,there may be some job oportunities in romania,but the pay is low,compared to most other EU countries.It may be good for a low houred guy,to come learn and build some flight time.The life cost is ok,with low rents,but high food,tax and fuel prices.Most prices are the same like in any western EU countries.
P Fogg: the romanian CAA is a full JAA member,and it follows JAA by the book.If there is something they don't know,they'll ask approval from the JAA boards.Indeed,it seems they will easier tend to reply NO ,just to avoid any complication. In your friend's case,you said that he had a restricted license.That says all.If you issue a document and place a restriction on it why should I,your coleague ,remove it?The one that placed the restriction should remove it,I think.
About Tarom. Well,they have no foreign pilot yet.One condition for employment is the language-a must.You should be able to speak romanian.The same applies with other EU flag carriers,i.e Lot,CSA...
The planes are ok,mostly new (oldest are the 737-300',soon to be phased out,I think),well maintained by Tarom's own technical base.Good training,and a lot of good ,experienced pilots to fly with.Most flights are in Europe now,with some in middle east,also.
The pay is not high,though constantly increasing over the years.I suspect there won't be many pilots leaving soon,as someone suggested.Most accept the lower salary to be able to work near home.
Other company who looks for pilots is Blue Air,a 737 low cost operator.They have some old 737,and it may be a place for a low time pilot.They also do 737 type rating,with Alteon,I guess.They are based in BSA, Bucharest.
Other established operator is Carpatair,based in Timisoara.Operates a fleet of Saab 340,2000 and also Foker100.They had some foreign FO's,I think.
It's a good market,and soon I think other operators will establish bases in romania,one I've heard off is WizzAir in Bucharest.Also Ryanair discussed about operation here.Romania is the eastern border of europe ,with shorter flights to middle east,it may be an interesting hub.