PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ireland: Ryanair Fears €20m Pilot Hit
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2007, 09:59
RogerIrrelevant69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grim repa,

I have to agree whole heartedly.

It's a bit of nonsense trying to make out there is not case to answer at this stage. This case is about to hit the supreme court (that is the highest in Ireland). The pilots, the Labour court and Ryanair all recognise this is not a trivial issue.

A quick search of pprune (and in particular a bunch of threads scroogs has pointed to in the past) will confirm that life is not all roses in Ryanair regardless of what contract was available on the week a new recruit decided to sign up. And after signing on the dotted line, the goal posts and rules appear to move rather quickly.

From knowing a few rookie pilots in Ryanair, I know conditions are a long way from great. One told me if you want to fly and do nothing else for a few years great but forget about everything else - including pay - he was on peanuts. Other stories were more colourful and some have appeared in one form or another here on pprune.

As for our chum angryblackman - I can only assume his FLY FOR FREE is just a wind-up, that or he is very rich and/or stupid indeed.