PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Romania
Thread: Jobs in Romania
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2007, 00:08
embrunman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by countbat
Also a JAA license in USA, but that doesn't stop many EU pilots to come here and get jobs. At the company I work for we have pilots from all over the world. Should I cry out with them?
My question was how to get a flying job in a country such as Romania? OK!...I understand they don't use FAA license. How to get a JAA license? If I get a JAA license will a flying job will be available for someone like me?
And IF NOT why everybody can get jobs in USA and americans can not get jobs in EU?
Yes, you can cry out for us , pilots from all over the world who did train and spent all of our money in the US, did anykind of surviving jobs (diswashing for me) besides flight instructing US citizens, and then after 5 years of working and paying taxes could not stay in the US anymore because "your student visa has expired, sir! You have 30 days to leave the country".
So no sir! to think it's "everybody can get jobs in USA" just shows your ignorance about the problems facing foreigners there.
To work in Romania as everywhere in Europe as in the States, you need a resident-work permit...
Plain and simple, without it, no need to even think about JAA licence.
Lemper when you say "just a few exams, a few checks, JUST LIKE IN THE STATES", is this tongue in the cheek?
Got both JAA and FAA, found a few differences
...say 3 times the cost of flight instruction, 10 times the time to write all exams, 10-15? times the cost of medical, licencing fees etc....
Lemper where did you get your JAA?