PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New easyJet uniform
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2007, 23:28
easyJet Galley King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyjetgalleykingorwhatever

Oh my Gord you're going to have to wear a TIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You might even come somewhere close to looking SMART!!!!!!!! Oh no!!!!! How WILL you cope!!!!!!!!
Well, excuse me Smudgerorwhatever for having my own opinion. There are alot of us guys out there that just dont like wearing ties, and suits with shoulder pads that make you feel like an American Footballer. Mind you, im sure it will look great once i've dug it out from behind the passenger hand luggage, cleaning packs, toiletries, and everything else found in the overhead locker.

Getoutofmygalley
We are trying to make the company look more professional (because we are a professional airline) and ties make us look like the other airlines out there. The company is 11 years old now therefore it is time that it acted it's age and stopped looking like the young upstart that it was.
But I thought the idea was that we wanted to be different to the other airlines? I too am proud to wear whatever uniform we are given, and am by no means knocking the huge efforts by my fellow colleagues who have designed it, however atleast with the current uniform, atleast people knew who we worked for. Just looking at the gents now, other than a tie that looks like it belongs to some boarding school somewhere, where on the new uniform is the "Orange" identity that is easyJet?