PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2007, 23:21
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It appears as though Pegasus’s idea of a crisis is different to mine. To me an emergency is something that is of an urgent or earth shattering nature or life threatening and definitely a not a simple question about hotel accommodation

So the question remains …Does anyone know. …Even those who are supposedly not in the FAAA but who are either incredibly close, sit next to, are related to or have drinks with the elected officials of the FAAA. …Sorry just fell off the chair in laughter………about any change to the crew hotel in LA?

Pegasus as this is not a crisis and is instead a matter of curiosity to those of us who fly to LA it appears it does not require a pm to you or the use of the bat phone.

If you are close enough to be able to provide personal contact details of our elected officials can you lean across and ask them if they know anything about this matter? I realise that you will say ring the office and I would but I don’t have all day to wait in my room for a call back. I still think calling from Singapore or London about this is a bit much don’t you? That’s why I was hoping someone here would know something but that’s me I suppose I’m the eternal optimist..

In any case the FAAA web site can give us information about contact numbers but not help with contactability unfortunately. Maybe the FAAA website can have a rumour section included and you can…sorry they can confirm or dismiss any rumours.

Otherwise it appears as though I will have to wait until I’m in LA next and will have to ask the staff behind the counter or one of the homeless outside Macy’s…or maybe the bus driver will know or even the security at QCC or if all that fails I can always ask when I’m on the flight deck next.

Peg, I do agree with you though that the union approach is frustrating and counterproductive. By the way how is my grammar ,it is so different to German.

Now as Monty python would say “Now for something competely different” Did any of you read this from the AFR…

“Certainly Qantas chief executive Geoff Dixon and Gregg have made no secret of their desire to increase workforce productivity, and the Jetstar model is where they see the future for employees of both airlines.

"What we're on about is efficiency, not taking money away from people," Gregg says. "When people organise their work life to rort the system and work holidays when there's no work to be done and get higher pay - that's the sort of thing we've worked very hard to wipe out.

"For instance, a senior pilot earns about $350,000 to $400,000 a year, and probably works a maximum of 700 hours a year. Bringing Australian workplace agreements into Jetstar is very much an example of how we'll no longer be put in the position where inefficient work practices will cost employees of this company jobs."

This is the sort of misinformation that is being published and what we are up against. Will our unions reply or remain silent?