PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting note about AA Airbus crash in NYC
Old 3rd Jan 2007, 22:28
bomarc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dirty dingo

the question was only about the a300(a310) series of planes and not the a320 and later. that is a whole other discussion.

some people feel that this is a boeing vs airbus thing. it is not intended to be. I have no great fondness for the b 737 for example.
---
rainboe: I think that during a violent wake turbulence encounter the captain would be even more in tune with what the other pilot was doing...and if it all in disagreement with the copilots actions would use the time honored phrase: "I've got it".

As far as being hit with a newspaper...it is not one of my preferred instructional methods.

There does seem to be a valid point you make about knowing about over controlling a plane. No where in my 30 years of flying has anyone mentioned breaking apart an airplane by over controlling (referencing safe operating speeds) unless a specific limitation printed in the aircraft flight manual (sometimes called POH).

I have searched the flight manuals of 4 jets that I have flown and nothing about breaking the thing apart.

Now, perhaps you were taught something some of us weren't. Time to share the knowledge.
Perhaps we were taught something you don't know.

Learning to fly is still a bit of an art and not just a pure science.

==
bubbers 44, I have to agree with you.
-----
as far as using the rudder to "roll" the plane...I have used the rudder in a very gentle manner to initiate a slight bank at cruising speeds in a jet. It seems to work fine...but of course the ailerons/spoilers are the intended control for roll. rudder is the intended control for yaw...but yaw a plane and it might just bank.
;-)