PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2007, 21:19
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vulcanite,
welcome to the thread and, may I say how delighted I am to hear from you again. I hope that you are well. I have been away for a while and have just got in from work, so won't trouble you at the moment. I'm catcing up with loads of things, but will hope to call you at the weekend, if that is in order.

Mr Purdey, as above, I shall respond to your PM over the weekend. My apologies for not replying sooner, but other matters have prevented me from doing so.

A quick update - the Campaign, although very quiet at the moment is in a very strong position at the moment. Documents are being collated and relevant information being extracted. A number of documentary requests to the MoD have been unable to be located, although I am assured that "If they are subsequently found, they will be provided to me."

Now, I may be a cynic, but I think that is a clever way of preventing me from appealing to the Ombudsman as the MoD haven't technically refused to supply the documents.

One of the final paragraphs points out, "I believe that you will now be aware of the direction that the Secretary of State gave in a written response to Lord O'Neill of Clackmannan that the standard of cost compliance test should be made to any future FOI requests that you make." So, it looks like I have finally exhausted their patience!

Have to say that it won't stop me making my requests, nor appealing if I feel that I have been refused unjustly. Also, I maintain that all the documentation currently outstanding was requested prior to Dr Reid's attempt to put me off and, therefore, is not covered by his current efforts. A letter will be winging its way this week to enquire as to the progress in finding the outstanding documents. Irritating Sod?? Me?? Well, maybe just a bit.

Fear not, Vulcanite, your Barrister friend can rest easy. I have no intention of simply 'going away'. If the MoD haven't realised that by now, we've been giving them too much credit!

As always, my sincere thanks to all our supporters for your patience during these periods of self-imposed silence. It is necessary at the moment, but I assure you that when the time comes to 'go public', you will hear about it here.

Happy New Year to you all.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook