PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting note about AA Airbus crash in NYC
Old 3rd Jan 2007, 20:53
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well you two (bomarc and blubbers) surprise me. In the normal course of events, a Captain would be aware of what the Pilot Flying the aircraft (in this case the co-pilot) was doing on the controls, but throw in a violent wake encounter and I think he would be forgiven for just concentrating on what was going on rather than monitoring the controls, as evidenced by his lack of comment or overcontrol on the rudders.
For myself, I would be just as happy to fly the A300 as I am to fly the 737 now. Like almost all pilots, I am happy with its certification just as the A300 deserves its certification. You can overcontrol any aeroplane in all phases of flight. Many of us have always been aware of the dangers of overcontrol- I do not understand why so many pilots now seem to find it a shock that it can occur. I started 35 years ago on the VC10 and recalled being hit with a rolled up newspaper for being too 'expressive' on the rudder during dedicated training flights.