PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Brakes Hot" Ecam Msg
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2007, 16:21
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Piper19
According to the 757 maintenance training manual, the figures go from 0 to 9 (not 10 as I mentioned earlier). This resembles a range from 0 to 690°C. There are three colors available on the lower EICAS display. When a brake reaches value "5" (or approx. 500°C) there is a color change, together with a "brake" light, next to the three greens and the "door" light. Every single brake has a temp probe and these 8 signals go to a brake monitoring computer. A photo with the blocks on the EICAS and the brake light: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0529570/M/
If I have time I will look up the fire warning issue.
OK, great ... so, without talking of WHEEL WELL FIRE warning, is it fair to say that an EICAS caution or warning, or a QRH procedure requesting to lower the gears, would not come up as long as one brake temp did not reach that 500C equivalent value ?

SMOC, do you agree with that value, or is it somewhat different on 747 Classic or any Boeing product ?

I was also surprised to learn that wheel well fire detection was available on option for 330/340, thank you Zeke.
Would you know which percentage of 330/340 fleet is equipped with that option ?