PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye-bye Joseph
Thread: Bye-bye Joseph
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2001, 18:57
Shintaro9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Hello Troley..

This is no wind-up. With the company's performance, I feel we're pilots with the lowest morale in the region, if not the world. Under the Doc, tell me was there anything that they did that really benefitted us? No not really yes. We got into this predicament because during those management meetings (i'm talking about the ones on the 33rd floor), I was told that not even once did any of the flt ops rep said anything to defend the pilots position. That's why we lost a lot of ground and with it recognition and respect. Tell me when they buy planes, are we consulted. No. When the time comes, they say driver go fetch the plane. We have a Tech & Dev Dept, but their recommendations rarely followed.

Now with Pyg in charge, I hope he has the ears of the MD. Lets see whether he can deliver and in the end we the liners benefit . I hope he doesnt do things to benefit only himself and his friends.

The first few things he should do is give us a pay rise, ensure proper roster distribution, give us proper hotels for our overseas rest, ensure that we get good equipment (no yellow stickers), you know do all the things to make our flight legal and above all safe.

And off course, he should do his best to improve the image of MAS pilots. We need it.

Cheers...