PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Switzerland resignations
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2007, 05:28
Guy D'ageradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

Bit of a misunderstanding here, I think chaps!
Here at the southwestern end of the Rösti line, no news of resignations. I think someone may have mistranslated the fact that controllers in both Geneva and Zurich last week rejected a "pay offer" due to the attached conditions (and the pathetic offer!).
As for jobs here - certainly. Understaffed, overworked, crap management (like everyone else). Pay has decreased, relative to inflation, by 8% in 6 years, lots of pissed off people and some resignations from Zurich - I heard this morning, possibly 30 - some of those the Danish contingent heading home after their recent pay rise. Many looking elsewhere.
As for the life, minesapint is perfectly correct - mountains, lakes, warm summers, good winters (hell, it even snowed yesterday - a bit) great quality of life. Housing - stupidly expensive in Geneva, foreigners can also buy what they like, where they like (but only in canton of Geneva for the first 5 years). Or they do like me and buy in neighbouring France, where it's much cheaper and the life is even better, while still paying Swiss taxes and the mortgage is even in Swiss Francs. 2% anyone?!
Overall, a good life but long overdue for a pay rise.
Any questions welcome.

Last edited by Guy D'ageradar; 3rd Jan 2007 at 10:22. Reason: Edited for spelling and new rumours!