PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ears in descent
Thread: Ears in descent
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2007, 00:25
fuvami

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I don't know if I have the same problem with you and I also look for some help.I stay like this:I had 3 barotraumas in my last 4 month of flying.I tryed a septdeviation surgery,but i didnt helped.After a month of beeing grounded i flew one week and then again.I found out i have now a serious tympan problem that might require surgery for hardening the tympan,and also probably ill need a transtympanic tube-diavolo in order to facilitate the passage of the ear.But with this,i asked an ame from my country-east europe,im not allowed to fly.Anyway probably ill have to put the tube in order to resolve the eustachian tube problem and then to take the second surgery for the tympan.Curently,after 3 months of staying grounded my audyogram is better than normal,but i remained with the tympanic problem.I tryed one flyght,to see how i feel,i opened my eustachian tube but with difficulty.Of course im affraid too try again another flight until ill not resolve the problem with the eustachian tube disorder.You know,i even feel the pressure even when i drive the car on an upslope hill,so...Ill try that ear planes to see if they works-of course as passenger,and after that ill see.My problem is that here there is no very good doctor in diagnosticating my problem and ill try to find somene else abroad.I saw it is a center in geneva.Do you know any other places with good doctors for ears?The chewing gum and all other helping methods works but just some times.Ohh,and i forgot to tell you i am a jet pilot working for an airline,class1 rated.Or i was,who knows.Maybe some of you will give me some help.Thanks