PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minimium Duration of CIR flight test
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2007, 23:13
Ratshit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know anything about minimum times for initial issue CIR or for renewals.

My initial issue was about an hour and a half in a Baron. Archerfield (EFATO) to Brisbane (ILS - appr and missed appr on one engine) to Redland Bay (NDB - engine failure in the turn inbound with missed appr on one) to Coolangatta (VOR/DME) to Archerfield (partial panel and recovery from unusual attitudes enroute). In those days you did a DME homing and approach as well which could be done in a stimulator for initial issue (15 min?).

You can do most of a renewal in a stimulator if that's your thing - but you have to fly one appr in the aeroplane. I prefer to do the whole thing in an aeroplane, which I find easier than the stimulator cause it stays where I put it. My typical renewal is YIFL - YMBA (GPS with partial panel and recovery from unusual attitudes etc enroute) - YBCS (ILS which covers you for the VOR as well) - YIFL (NDB). About an hour in the Fork-tailed Dr Killer.

I would have thought the requirements for a whirlygig would be similar but would maybe take a bit longer - cause they're a bit slower!

Cheers

R