PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay recruitment drive by RAF
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2007, 22:45
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Whilst being firmly of the female prefering persuasion (Mrs M does look good in webbing ), I couldn't care less whether the people I work with are straight, gay, greedy (bi) or just plane deviants (Noo Labour disciples) as long as they can do the job. But I do object to having this sort of politically correct nonsense rammed down my throat when it is something that works only in one direction - surely it amounts to some sort of institutional harrassment?

When I was at uni, my UAS was banned from setting up a recruiting stall inside university premises at freshers because the LGB Club complained about the military's then attitude towards recruiting homosexuals and the Student Union bent over forwards to accommodate them.

Queue much muttering and chuntering from us because we were being denied ready access to the tons of young and impressionably totty floating around the place that fine warm summer weekend. One of the guys then hit up on an interesting idea that would have resulted in the entire UAS membership joining the LGB Club, possibly with the assistance of the OTC. When we tried to do that, there was hell to pay (not from the Boss who throught it was hilarious) but from the LGBs themselves. Admittedly, had the plan worked, we would have probably changed the Club's constitution by forming one big majority bloc, but that was by-the-by.

It appears that little has changed and that an overly-PC vociferous minority are trying to enforce their views on a majority that has little interest in their lifestyle choices, whilst refusing to acknowledge the other point of view

Last edited by Melchett01; 2nd Jan 2007 at 23:21.