PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fancy the Chinese Having all your Service details?
Old 2nd Jan 2007, 22:12
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I see the numbers being offshored growing. I hope so, because as a taxpayer I want efficient Government services
When I finally stopped laughing, I got a little further down the article:

The thing that's inviolate is security. You can't have personal details of the Special Air Service floating around outside the UK
Quite right too - would scupper all those book deals before they're even signed!

I have to say that whilst I am all for financial responsibility, it is not at any price - which seems to get to the nub of the problem as all this "administration" appears to understand is the bottom line. And seeing as how the govt has cravenly bowed down to all and sundry at the expense of the national interest, I can't see this being any different. I wonder how the politicians would feel if all their personal details suddenly appeared in foreign hands ... I bet that cost wouldn't be an issue then.

And by the way - I did google my details - apparently I have found time to be a boxer, a managing director and won a mercury music prize recently. Not bad going really .... and I'd rather like my relative obscurity to stay that way thank you very much.