PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay recruitment drive by RAF
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2007, 22:08
allan907
Nixor ut Ledo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want a fighting force of primarily hard-nosed young men and women who will fight and die on behalf of the country
Alexander the Great being just one Go check that in any reputable encylopaedia Billy

A number of ancient sources have reported on Alexander's attachments to both males and females. While the object of his affection may have varied, he was admired for treating all his lovers humanely. Plutarch has argued that Alexander's love of males took an ethical approach, inspired by the teachings of his mentor, Aristotle. He gives several examples of Alexander's morality in this domain:

When Philoxenus, the leader of the seashore, wrote to Alexander that there was a youth in Ionia whose beauty has yet to be seen and asked him in a letter if he (Alexander) would like him (the boy) to be sent over, he (Alexander) responded in a strict and disgusted manner: "You are the most hideous and malign of all men, have you ever seen me involved in such dirty work that you found the urge to flatter me with such hedonistic business?"
So. There we have it. Alexander the Great. One of the most brutal and successful military men. And he likes blokes. And he denies it vehemently some times - bit like your post, eh, Billy?

I knew that some of the blokes that I worked with in the RAF were gay but so long as they were doing their job effectively I couldn't have cared less whether they were gay, had 4 ears, were coloured green or what the hell.