PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2007, 21:41
beaver eager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'm with you TM, I believe that the Company can afford it too. I also believe that they will announce record profits and new aircraft orders almost as soon as the pension 'deal' is done.

Sadly, BALPA paid for top advice and the response was that BA actually can't afford your obviously preferred 'no change' option.

There is no-one whom I would trust more than 'The Moose' to fly in the face of said advice if he felt there were the slightest justification for so doing. I have to believe BALPA when they say that 'no change' is no longer an option... Remember, the regulator and the trustees are running around in this particular maze as well as BA and BALPA.

The Moose would not have changed his tune for any other reason than that it were the most sensible course of action.

All I can do is look forward to explaining to the Labour canvassers why I shall not be voting for their candidate in the next election (if they have a few weeks to spare on my doorstep, that is - it is not only pensions I am extremely angry about).