PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan - 3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2007, 19:25
breagh01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cost efficient ??

Originally Posted by Jamesie
Just got an e-mail from flyglobespan telling me my flight to Malaga is no longer EDI-Malaga and will stop off at Glasgow enroute!!
This I find unbelieveable - how on earth can it be cost efficient to take a 737 up and down when the airports are at max 60 miles apart as the crow flies?!
Surely cheaper to bus passengers along the M8?!
Is this precedented? I remember Concorde flew EDI-GLA on exhibition a few years ago but never since have I heard of such a ridiculous journey.
Cost efficient??
Globespan is spending about £6000 a month on taxi fares getting crew back and forth from EDI and GLA.
Just on another note the new seat pitch on the 600's is ridiculous. pax are complaining left right and centre about the fact you only have 28 inch seat pitch one side and 29 the other. The forward left windshield galley was removed and seats shuffled on the right to allow an extra six seats to be put in.
Fair enough it gets the cabin from 125 to 131 but at what cost?
Already PAX are saying "I'm not flying with this lot again". recent flights i noticed were 128 pax etc so not all the six installed are getting used and the cost of doing this change must have been huge.
Perhaps they should remove the seats and have standing room only or convert one of the cargo holds