PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 5
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2007, 16:39
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skyman771
Err have I missed something? ... neither NCL or MME have the runway capacity to support a non stop 747 sevice to Florida. So I presume what you are pontificating on when discussing the economics etc. of such a route is the incluion of at least a west bound fuel stop. So the obvious question is why a 747 ?
On another point whilst we all seem totally focused, on the yet to be confirmed EK DXB operation, and other long haul possibilities (& some fantasy), then how on the same pages can we be claiming that NCL is unable to support a weekly early morning SFB ? If there is any truth in this it's madness irrespective as to any merits in relocating to MME. I've read / condone the suggestions that Eatbound EK may provide more interest from US carriers re Westbound, but you will achieve nothing if at the same time you are seen to be moving your longhaul US charter operations down the road
Skyman, I beg to differ but you talking complete rubbish your reply seems to be a complete rant with little facts. As another thread points out both runways at ncle and mme can support a 747. The EK agument is also not valid as it they wont be trying to get their airbus onto a ramp in the early morning but later in the day when the ramps are quieter. Finally at the end of the day XL/Travelcity no doubt will have done their sums on this one and they want a 747 on the NE to USA routes, also no one is moving the longhaul US ops down the road as neither airport, with the exception of one Monarch service, has these ops presently.