PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 5
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2007, 13:30
virginblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ncleflights
virginblue
AA were actually heavily marketing the JFK route as a gateway to the states and in alot of adverts they ran prior to the route been pulled advertised Newcastle to - and had a huge list of US cities. My family all live in NC in the USA and I had made several bookings myself with AA using JFK as a gateway to get me to Charlotte, North Carolina. I had a few colleagues that had done the same infact alot folks that I know had bookings on cancelled AA flights that were simply using JFK as a transit hub.
I still think NYC is more than viable daily and hopefully if EK make a great success of Dubai then we will have loads of other operators hoping to provide long haul to/from Newcastle.
Looking at the AA timetable, connections at JFK for flights from Europe are somewhat limited, imho. Most flights to the Carribbean and Latin America leave before the flights from Europe arrive. There are a few flights to South america in the evening and afternoon flights to a limited number of US destinations, most on ERJ/CRJs. I would not say that AA's European services to JFK are primarily targeting connecting passengers - quite to the contrary of EK's DXB services. But are correct, there are some connections available indeed. But it is quite different from what CO is able to offer through EWR or DL through ATL from all those secondary airports they serve in Europe.