PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 5
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2007, 12:55
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ncleflights
As I understand it XL/Travel City wanted to do a 747 out of NCL early morning but problem with ramp availability, don't suppose its practical to remote park a 747. They also appear to have done their sums and believe that if the cost is right folks will travel the hour down from Newcastle to Durham Tees Valley to do a long haul flight. This may work after all they would have no competition from the North East across the Atlantic. Finally would the landing charges from DTVA not be a lot lower than from NCL? This may finally clinch the deal.
Err have I missed something? ... neither NCL or MME have the runway capacity to support a non stop 747 sevice to Florida. So I presume what you are pontificating on when discussing the economics etc. of such a route is the incluion of at least a west bound fuel stop. So the obvious question is why a 747 ?
On another point whilst we all seem totally focused, on the yet to be confirmed EK DXB operation, and other long haul possibilities (& some fantasy), then how on the same pages can we be claiming that NCL is unable to support a weekly early morning SFB ? If there is any truth in this it's madness irrespective as to any merits in relocating to MME. I've read / condone the suggestions that Eatbound EK may provide more interest from US carriers re Westbound, but you will achieve nothing if at the same time you are seen to be moving your longhaul US charter operations down the road