PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting times in Aussie SAR/EMS
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2007, 05:56
RWJackOfAllTrades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMABELL...What I should have amplified earlier is that my understanding of what the aircrew officer guys do as non-flying co-pilots is all the duties associated with piloting, except for the actual hands on controls flying ie checklist readouts and cross checks, radio and NAVAID frequency selection, reading approach plates, managing the majority of the radio traffic, calling heights, airspeeds etc etc. Now I guess they actually get a pole and will be able to fly the machine should anything happen to the PIC. I am sure this set-up can only boost the current CRM and overall safe conduct of every tasking they undertake to complete.

As for the smiles being removed from their faces, you'd think only plastic surgery would remove their smiles at this point. It would be interesting to hear if any of the guys do not want to complete their CPL's in order to act as co-pilots. I am sure the machines will still fly if a few of the aircrew officers choose not to do their CPL's, however, it would be quite bizarre that people would not accept what is essentially a free CPL. Wish I had been an aircrew officer now!?!?!?