PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 5
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2007, 02:30
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin & easyjet to team up with asian airline.

Originally Posted by Tigger4Me
You might be interested in this story from Sky News this morning. If that comes off I imagine that they will be looking for other departure points in suitable catchment areas. I don't know the north east too well but guess that you have a good-sized Asian community.
Easyjet are to do a deal with Oasis air the new low cost airline are flying Hong Kong Gatwick, under the arrangement passengers can connect from easyjets extensive LGW network to Oasis' flights and VV.See article from Uk airports news below...
easyJet discusses link with Hong Kong's Oasis

easyJet and the new long-haul, low-cost airline Oasis Hong Kong have held discussions about an alliance that would allow customers to book tickets for flights on both airlines. The alliance could allow travelers to book a ticket that allowed them fly from one of easyJet's airports in Europe to Gatwick on an easyJet flight, and then to Hong Kong on Oasis, or on an Oasis flight from Hong Kong, and then on to a European destination from Gatwick with easyJet.
Oasis Chief Executive Stephen Miller told the Times newspaper that the two airlines were 'very friendly,' and that he hoped the two would work together more closely in the future. No agreement has been signed as yet.
Oasis began operating its Gatwick - Hong Kong route in October, with fares that started at £75. The airline hopes to start flying from Hong Kong to Oakland, California, and to new European cities by early next year.

I am very interested in Virgin and Easyjet in the same sentence!!! Virgin is part owned by Singapore airlines and according to the article you posted tigger4me, it is air asia that Virgin and easyjet are talking to ? I have often wondered although not relevant to this tread, if Virgin will eventually take over bmi and easyjet take over bmibaby ??

What does anyone else think ? Do you think 2007 will be the year ??? Maybe a long shot !!!!
Happy new year everyone!