PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fancy the Chinese Having all your Service details?
Old 1st Jan 2007, 23:48
mbga9pgf

Fancy the Chinese Having all your Service details?

This for me, is a disgrace....Looks as EDS (JPA) are exporting 60% of their telecom helpdesks abroad...
Check it out
Telegraph article...
Some Excerpts...
Bill Thomas, the head of EDS's European, African and Middle East units, said he expected a dramatic change in public sector IT personnel as former civil servants employed by private sector groups faced the prospect of losing their jobs to so-called offshoring.
The news will cause extreme concerns for union leaders, who have already threatened strike action if employers, such as the US giant EDS, start to lay off staff.
Mr Thomas said 60pc to 70pc of the 8,000 EDS employees working on Government contracts – which include major projects for the Ministry of Defence and the Department for Work and Pensions – did not need to be employed in Britain.
So where does that leave us bearing in mind some overseas countries perhaps are not too friendly to our foreign policy?
I certainly wouldnt want certain nations to know how much time away I am doing (op allce), my NOK details, my home address, my unit, where I am going on leave, mobile details etc...anyone else feel the same?