PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2007, 16:30
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your postings are so off the wall as to be hardly worthy of a response. APS became unaffordable and NAPS arose. I joined BA/NAPS of my own free will.

NAPS has a serious deficit problem courtesy of robber Brown and his ilk. BARP was introduced. BALPA would never ever have managed to get incumbent employees to vote to strike to prevent future employees only having the option of BARP. Life is just not like that.

If we can improve BARP on the back of defending NAPS all well and good.

The wider issues of capitulating entirely over the NAPS issue are what people such as Bellerophon and myself and innumerable colleagues WILL strike over if required. Make no mistake.

Many of us have personally written to LCG to personally advise him of that fact.

The fact that we haven't had a strike for many years speaks volumes of the innate intelligence of both sides during negotiations over contentious issues.

The last ballot was over LGW around 1996. The results of that ballot were so overwhelming that even I was suprised. I suspect Ayling broke into a sweat.

I see a strike as a failure, the fact that BALPA have looked after the majority of its BA membership so well during my 20 years in the company without needing to resort to calling a stoppage makes me feel that my 1% has been a wise investment.

P.S. BALPA is not stalling. If you truly knew the facts you would realise what nonsense you are posting.