PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK - Why bother?!
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2007, 16:28
TangoUniform

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps another point of view. I find the company no different than another major, large airline. I don't know what airlines all the other posters are comparing EK to, but in my experience as an airline, EK is way above average operationally. I do believe the pay is very mediocre for what we do, but that may increase to more of industry average at some point. Certainly a lot of rumors to that.

Fatigue? What a joke. Again, I don't know what everyone is complaining about. 900 hours a year, that averages 75 hours a month. I have never felt so rested flying for an airline. Leave-42 days a year. Whether you get all 42 days is another question. Several times a year you get to be in the top two bid groups. Find that somewhere else. Company provided accomodations, no worries about utilities, no worries about house bills.....

Dubai? It's not your home country probably, so take that as it is. Are there problems and frustrations-you bet. Can they be overcome-of course, again depending on your point of view. Is traffic horrible-yes.

Again, from my point of view, which is somewhat different than what you read here is that it's a big airline with incredible growing pains. Are you looking for job security, then this may be the place for you. I guess many pilots here are getting a bit homesick, and thus issues that would be put up with at their home country's airline stand out greater here.

I sure I will be vilified for saying something positive about EK, and perhaps after a few more years, I too will be fed up with some things here. But now, it is job security for a pilot, an airline that continues to expand and get new equipement, an airline that is making a profit and a chance to be a Boeing or Airbus widebody captain in 3 or 4 years.

Remember, those that are happy here will not post much here. Those that are unhappy will. It's just like the news, good things aren't reported, just the bad.
TU