PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting note about AA Airbus crash in NYC
Old 1st Jan 2007, 04:14
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bomarc
l think that the certification, approval and measuring of pilots should all be redone to insure safety.
Would that be all pilots, pilots flying for American, pilots flying transport category airplanes, pilots flying A-300s, pilots flying Airbus equipment, or pilots being paid to fly, … of course, this list could go on … but, I think you get the idea.
you see, safety was lost, along with the passengers and crew...if everything met FAA requirements and safety was lost, then requirments must be changed.
Do you have a specific requirement that should be changed? Or does that mean all requirements should just change? Is there a suggested amount of change you had in mind? And, should all the rules and requirements be changed every time there is an accident … and only half of those rules and requirements each time there is an incident? Just wondering?
I would start with the aircraft...full control throw may be used by the pilot at all speeds below and specifiy a speed. OTHERWISE a placcard must be installed to warn the pilot that full control throw may cause loss of the aircraft.
Uh ... which do you mean? "Movement of the control to the stops." OR "Movement of the control to the stops, and immediately reverse to the other stop, and immediately reverse to the other stop, and immediately reverse to the other stop, and immediately reverse to the other stop, and immediately reverse ... and so on until structural failure occurs."
If it's the first one - no problem. If it's the second one, I DO NOT volunteer to gather the flight test data!