PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK - Why bother?!
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2007, 04:12
uplock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Take off your Blinkers

Hey acy RJ driver an Sonny Hammond and all the other Lurkers... you will all ways get moaners an groaners where ever you go.

HOWEVER the company has never in its history lost so many pilots as in the last 18 months.

What I find disturbing is the smoke and mirrors that goes on here with the impression that communication is a two way street when the reality is very different.

Lifestyle change (downwards) and working to the maximum legal hours possible with a huge decrease in the real world pay (what my salary here would purchase in my home country). Living expenses not being compensated for with Inflation in double figures yet annual salary increase in single figures and each year EK announce record profits...each year...Now the company have announced in the December News Letter they are in the process of applying to fly world and ground breaking ultra long haul flights in excess of the present limitation of 16 hrs...

Let me spell it out then the good times here in EK ended long time ago, think in today’s aviation world business plans change on a daily basis however what does not sit well with many guys is the way the company will twist the truth.

The biggie here and this is our Senior Manager Flt Ops A.S. going into print some years ago when there was some discontent bubbling in the ranks in a company letter explaining why it was so good to work for EK...His exact words were
.." A snappy 3 years to command"
This has cheesed off many F.O.s

Hey even 12 months ago we had a speech from A.S. explaining why we were working so hard apologizing all though it sounded like blaming his predecessor for the problems and promising we would not be working so hard by the end of the year because lots more pilots were being recruited....

More smoke and mirrors as in the December Company News Letter you can read that as the A380 is delayed they are slowing down on recruitment...what the F....?? So that’s another heads up that you will work your butt off here and hey I don’t mind going to work but when you have no choice but to do overtime each month it isn’t cricket any more sport....

You all so read where the company are saying with Fatigue it comes down to your fault where Rostering is the Root Problem mixing and mashing Ultra Long Haul Flights with Short Haul late night East West North South and conveniently shifting the blame on to us guys…you name it its done here with FTL’s

Lots more examples. Ask around. Still a good gig how ever not a shade on what it was to work here 5 or 6 years ago and I only see terms and conditions getting worse before they get better.

Come along to the interview just ask some relevent questions after all is said and done your just going to be flying a another plane and only you can make the decision if its the correct gig or not.