PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON- 3
Thread: MANSTON- 3
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2006, 17:31
MDIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Niknak
I would like to think that I offer a neutral view. I, like you am not an investor of Infratil but they seem to have done a good job at PIK and Wellington. Perhaps you will be proved correct that they are diversifying into development of disused airports, but I would question why they are spending so much money at Manston in terms of business development salaries, new taxiway lighting, new de icing equipment and a replacement radar system. If they are as you say just treading water for a few years why waste the money?

I do agree that they have shareholders who will eventually say "its not making money get shot of it" and that may be the end of Manston as an airport.

I do believe that there is a future for MSE as a regional airport and contrary to the beliefs of some on this forum EUjet proved it.

Planestations finances were precarious at best whereas Infratil have the financial backing to stay for the long term, they have just bought out another utilities comapny in NZ for $300Mill. I fail to see why they would ask the good people of Thanet for a mere £100k.

MDIS

PS a good website to look at www.whingeinthanet.co.uk

Mdis