PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Preparing The Country For The Disbandment Of The Raf?
Old 30th Dec 2006, 22:24
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Bismark
I am not too sure this is actually the case - do not be swayed by comments from hard pressed troops on the front line - they will never have enough. What the Army needs is a break from ops so they can re-group, recover and re-constitute themselves with some proper training.
What is important with future project is that they are not allowed to haemorage money like Typhoon, MRA4, Astute etc - this means more intelligent contracting by MoD.
Really Bismark, for someone who tells the RAF to be more friendly, and enthuses over the joys of Joint, am I alone in finding your opening remark little short of outrageous? In all fairness to the Army on the front line, what they need is not just enough, but the right type and quality of enough. A military that goes to war constantly on the scrounge is hardly a vote of confidence in any ministry of the British Government, or its CS, or its service staffs. They have been betrayed by malign neglect, incompetence and good old politics. Never mind the means, we must secure CVF, and devil take the hindmost! May I respectfully suggest that you practise what you preach? The only protection against this bigoted, incompetent and malevolent government is for Joint to start and be practised from top to bottom. Do you really believe that this bunch of shysters have any intention of laying down a keel, let alone launching, fitting out and equipping two carriers, and then acquiring the aircraft to arm them? Get real! These people have been opposed to the Armed Forces for their entire political careers, our esteemed leader was a fully paid up member of CND, none of them have served, nor have their children AFAIK. They are grinding down the UK bases to minuscule numbers, and the trend is much more of the same. No service will survive unscathed, let alone be augmented at the expense of the others. The habits of generations have got to be cast aside and a Joint stand made against our most dangerous foe ever-HMG! So bin the banter and get together, for divided we fall, united we stand