PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2006, 17:04
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mate, I find myself agreeing with some of what you say.

As far as an alliance between pilots and cabin crew is concerned, your cynicism is well founded. The pilots can't even stick together amongst themselves! I confidently predict nothing of any significance will be achieved during these discussions for BARPers, and if it's not fixed now, it will NEVER be fixed! I find that pretty disgusting! Anybody with more than about 15 years to do in BA can forget about retiring on a FSS of any description, even if they are currently in NAPS!

I am uncomfortable with the idea that those negotiating on my behalf are trying to second guess what the company 'can afford', and basing their aspirations on that!

It seems to me, when you look at recent share options cashed in by senior pilots, and the likely rewards for Wee Willie and his cronies. The payoffs for those who have recently broken the law, and potentially left MY company with a crippling fine, and the pension returns for senior figures after RIDICULOUSLY short periods in the employ of BA, that the company 'can afford' an amazing amount, when it wants to!!!

I thought when this all began, we were trying to ascertain our 'bottom line', beyond which would not be acceptable!

I already feel that a compromise is rapidly approaching that I will be extremely unhappy with. I'm equally confident that, like the 'new pay deal' the company will leave the room sniggering down their sleeves!

Happy New Year.