PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2006, 17:03
TopBunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhoopWhoop Whoops
The proof is Balpa's action so far....NO ACTION.
If a new pension offer was on the table it would have been made public by BA and offered to BASSA since they are on the same current deal as the pilots.
BA have offered BASSA NOTHING MORE on pensions indeed they have approached BASSA for concessions on their other current terms and conditions.
Why do BA pilots think they are so special in respect to a pensions deal, as opposed to other staff and if they are, why has BALPA not said a word publicly about the their negotiations good or bad for a month.
My guess is they have been offered nothing which is a cost to BA and now are in difficulty over which action to take.... strike or accept the BA offer.
BALPA is possibly waiting to see what happens to BASSA, before they take the plunge, either way not much of the so called alliance of pilots and cabin crew that was mooted at the start of this pensions problem.
But there was never much cooperation or love lost between the 2 groups in the past, so I dont expect much this time.

You speak utter garbage (but as your profile says you are 'out of the loop'.

Too true.

If you were a member ba the BA BALPA section you would at least know the situation, so I can only presume that you aren't. Your opinions are therefore worthless, so why don't you go away and multiply (with yourself, naturally).

The situation is that BA were so surprised by the cross-union solidarity at the 21/12 meeting that more was tabled, and further meetings are underway in order to determine whether or not a solution that can be put to members (of all unions) exists.

Now, if you choose to ignore facts then that is your perogative. There is no separate deal for pilots or any other group (apart from the leadership team), so stop trying to sh1tstir you plonker.