PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Emission study
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2006, 02:15
NutLoose

Received 3,006 Likes on 1,273 Posts
Originally Posted by Fargoo
Here's a starter for ten

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/sc...rails.climate/

Don't know if they got any further on this study but at the time all sorts of boffins were suggesting contrails were actually offsetting global warming.

Just remember Google is your friend and no plagerising!

Good luck.

I would contact the likes of Shell aviation and Air BP they should help you out.

I went to a Shell seminar where they were talking about the problems they were having trying to bring an unleaded fuel out as they cannot get the power out of it, even with the exotic cocktails they are using..........

Thing that suprised me is they said the worlds total Piston fleet in a year puts 4 tonnes of lead into the atmosphere............ but because of politics they were trying to reduce it........... 4 tonnes would not take up the area my coffee table does....................

They also stated and this is ironic as in the UK Leaded automotive fuel has gone, with Aviation fuel if they could not get the "cut" I.E Octane rating they used to mix it with car leaded fuel and blend it for use in cars................

NOW as there is no unleaded car fuel, if it fails to make the octane rating they PAY a company to come in take it away and BURN IT for them whilst filtering the emissions......................... The world has indeed gone gagga.........