PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cancer and ATPL/H
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2006, 00:33
Floppy Link

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of it has to do with the chemotherapy regime you are on I think...
I'm due for my last dose next week after Non Hodgkins Lymphoma in the guts, only found 'cos it blocked the flow so to speak...landed from a job and promptly threw up while the coppers refuelled.
Major surgery to remove it, nice scar and a follow up chemo course as a precaution to zap any bits that got away from the knife.
Got my haematologist to write to the CAA saying that any relapse would be non-incapacitating in nature (as you have done with your consultant) and got a letter back recently with the details of how to get the medical back...
Review by the consultant 6 months after the final chemo, then
cardiac review to include:
1-exercise ECG
2-24hr ECG
3-echocardiogram, then if that's all OK they give the go ahead for a renewal Class1...
...for an unrestricted certificate.
thereafter blood tests every 6 months (blood counts, biochemistry and liver function tests), regular follow up reports from the consultant haematologist, and an annual cardiology review.
In the attached notes it states that if I only need an OML (operational multicrew limitation) then the cardiology review interval can be increased to 24 months.
If all goes well it'll be just over a year off work. Latest scan was all clear and chemo was reduced from 8 sessions to 6 as a result so here's hoping.
For info the chemo regime I'm on is called R-CHOP, consisting of:
Rituximab (at about £9000 a dose I did try and take the money instead but those nasty nurses were having none of it... )
Vincristine
Doxorubicin
Prednisolone
Cyclophosphamide
plus the extra stuff in the week after getting dosed up like Domperidone the anti-nausea tablet which, wonder of wonders, makes me feel sick
PM me for a chat if you want more details.

Nasty side effect - wide awake at 0135 and on the computer looking at proon