PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2006, 13:37
Carmoisine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jinkster
I have been reading some of your recent posts and you seem to have swallowed some Ryanair propaganda hook line and sinker. You are in for a very heavy landing I fear my friend. I do genuinely wish you the best but I wonder if you will have changed your tune after 6 months. I certainly did. Although so concerned was I that I would be made an example of by my employer I had to take a new username solely for Ryanair related topics on PPRuNe. So maybe we won't hear from you again either.
P.S The 5/4 is not 5/4. You do sim on days off for example. Ryanair can also change it to 5/2 5/3 at their whim multiple times a year. It says so in your contrac...... Whoops! Silly me, did they even give a copy of your contract?
Don't forget to join www.repaweb.org!
Rainboe:
Why should they give out part-time through agencies and not to those on direct contracts?
Oh dear, oh dear. You, quite obviously, are not familiar with the ways of Ryanair. This is exactly the case. There are numerous, I repeat, numerous flavours and varieties of contracts on offer to Pilots in Ryanair both full time and contract. It is quite often the case that so called Brookfield "contractors" (They are in effect full time employees) are offered conditions of employment favorouable to existing employees. The situation where a F/O is earning a multiple of the Captain he sits beside is not unheard of.
As for part time work, it is a closely gaurded secret that there is 5 on 10 off available for a select few Brookfield Pilots. As with most things in Ryanair only if you shout the loudest and threaten the most might you get it.