PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BO-105 down in Ireland?
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2006, 11:54
bolkow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sox6
whatsarunway
Nick now works for Gulfstream

bolkow
Today you say: I dont know the guy who was flying it
It may therefore be 'touchy subject' if you make statements on their experience and then don't have the good grace to defer to those who do seem to have some personal knowledge.
My posting was based on infromation from a good source. There have been basically two guys associated with the offshore lighthouse support for the past 12 years or so, approximately 2 years ago one left to fly for a private operator leaving the other very experienced pilot who has worked with that operation for those years left. The accident pilot is neither. Whatever his experience elsewhere, his experience of lighthouse releif ops within Irish helicopters makes him the new fellow there. He may indeed have extensive other experiences but if so, my source does not appear to think these valid in terms of making him experienced in their operation. There may be related political issues around taking on newer pilots at cheaper rates of renumeration which are operating here, I dont know. As for the source, he would have more than a passing knowledge of both the situation, operation etc.