PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea Job Market
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2006, 09:36
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
North Sea Chc

Originally Posted by BRASSEMUP
Thanks Guys I’m getting some positive feed back and info!!!!!
At CHC (the Company I work for) the Company try to identify weaknesses in an individual that may cause them to be a training risk as they go through the induction programme, conversion course and IR. This is to make the system more effective in producing an optimum product IE - you the pilot. At the moment they are employing a number of strategies to achieve this such as psycho-metric testing (not sure if I spelt that correctly). Some people in the know say this is the way ahead and others are sceptical. However, this is the reason why in CHC a change of policy may have been percieved to have occurred in that ex-mil guys are no longer favoured.

I believe the system is much simpler that any pre-conceptions about a persons background. Essentially when the Company is looking for people it will tend to group CVs by experience, both MIL and Civil in descending order and will offer interviews and the selection process to the group at the top of the experience list. At the same time the powers that be are mindful that the existing demographic dispersion within the Company needs to be considered.

Having said all of this the impact of JAR-FCL and the requirements and experience needed to grant a ME IR place a considerable cost burden on the Company. Therefore, anybody who pitches up with a ME IR, particularly with a NS Type Rating, will get a great welcome provided he has no real adverse history.

I am unsure how BOND & BRISTOWS work but I would suspect their considerations are the same.

I would also stress that I am actually just a pond-life pilot at CHC and therefore my explanation above is my own and not necessarily the quoted policy of my management.

I hope this helps and if you need anything further email me.