PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea Job Market
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2006, 07:15
  #10 (permalink)  
Posts: n/a
very unlikely they will help out with conversion.

you need to get the 13 JAA ATPL exams done and get the JAA CPL then go talk to them, they might pay for the type rating and IR, but will bond you for a few years.

Originally Posted by johnny canuck View Post
I'm also interested in flying the north sea.
Currenlty 600+ hrs on robinson's, employed flying in Canada's oil patch [alberta]. Before that I accumulated 3500hrs of fixed wing in single and two crew multi IFR. I hold Canadian Commercial Helo with Night, Fixed wing comm with multi IFR, as well as UK passport. No JAR CAA licenses.
What would the process consist of ? Any chance of the companies helping out on the conversion ?
ANY constructive info on the topic would be much appreciated.