PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2006, 03:15
NIGELINOZ
Incurable Romantic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RoamingWolf,
I certainly take your point about profits of foreign owned companies staying in Australia and I accept that a foreign ownership restriction may put some corporate raiders off,so to speak,I just wanted to make the point that in some ways the ownership of a company doesn't neccesarily mean the management would be any better/worse.
Also I do not work in your industry therefore my opinions are just that,opinions,but I do make an average 60 domestic flights a year and have a few friends who are Qantas staff and I have seen the effect that bad H/R management can have on staff morale and I don't like it.
Qantas is still a good airline,it could be great again but it will take a lot of goodwill on both sides to make up for incidents like the"blanket affair".
As I said these are only my opinions and I will leave it to others to say whether I am right or wrong.
I know that the great majority of Qantas staff are loyal,caring,professional people and it distresses me to see so many good people unhappy.
That is also why I won't make any judgement about the takeover until it happens,who knows,the new owners may be more staff friendly than GD etc.
Keep Your Chin Up,Best Regards To All Qantas Staff