PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - single engine complex "differences training"
Old 29th Dec 2006, 02:16
Flyin'Dutch'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FFF,

I can see why you think you can not carry over differences training from MEP to SEP but that is not what it says in the LASORS stuff nor the ANO.

The ANO paragraph you refer to just states 'differences training' the JAA page you refer to does suggest that there is no movement between differences training between SEP and MEP and as this is explicitly stated in LASORS I concede that they don't allow that. The other way round is not explicitly stated and therefore one can assume that they are fine about that.

Have to say that it is guilding the lilly to expect someone to redo differences training on a SEP if they have already got the sign off on a MEP, would you not agree.

B2N2, agree that you can do a lot of useful things in 5 hours but none of that should be required to make someone of average ability competent on the average 'complex' SEP.

Take the common 'complex' Arrow.

At best there is a 20kt difference in cruise speed. The handling is very similar to that of a Warrior/Archer. The theory of the VP prop and the gear retract system is pretty straight forward. After an hour of doing the gear and the prop I suspect that most people will have got the idea on what to do when. Finally make folks aware that Arrows are pretty crap at load hauling so that they do a W&B before going anywhere and that is it, n'est ce pas?

What else is there to say about it all?