PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - upgrade failure rates / sacked while in trainig
Old 28th Dec 2006, 23:55
Oasis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think most pilots at cx a comfortable with the standards set.
It is not bad to have high standards, as long as they can be met by those involved, and they can with some work.

I think the problem is that those standards can vary between different checkers and it is very possible to get a bad report from one guy, whilst another would give you full marks, so you sometimes have to be a little "in the know" about some checkers likes and dislikes.

Another is politics, if a checker doesn't like your personality (or sometimes nationality) the checker has free reign, there is no way to challenge a report, or support if you talk to someone upstairs about it. (even if there is a history with this checker)
This means that the checking/training department has limited accountability, therefore it operates somewhat unchecked, which is unhealthy for any department in any company.

This has changed some of late and I think the higher passing rates reflect this.

I also think most of the trainers/checkers at this company are extremely competent at their job and are working hard to help you and are very happy to see you succeed.
The few bad ones, are not weeded out, or kept in check. These are the ones that could cost you your carreer (at least temporarily).