PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI Interview
Thread: BMI Interview
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2006, 20:07
9 minutes to landing

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the important note for all wannabees and the issue that has affected bmi badly recently is that most airlines' terms and conditions develop through painful negoitiating processes over many many years. When you join an airline you expect to stay for a long time as most airlines reward seniority with promotion / car parking / staff travel / bid line priveledges.

There is nothing more upsetting than the "I will do anything" brigade who join an airline, vote NO to most BALPA industrial action votes ( the only way to get a dialogue with the management with the said company) and so the company win and continue winning and so on.

All the time the terms and conditions are getting erroded.

This probably wouldn't be so bad if the "I will do anything" brigade were to actually stay, but with youth on their side they soon b***** off after a few years when they realise things were not what they seemed when they were jumping up and down to join.

Unfortunately they leave an airline community behind that is that bit weaker having watched terms and conditions erode gradually by the continual flow.

To summorise, if any of you are of the opinion that has been expressed in this forum, then please join, you will be welcomed, but remember the terms and conditions that attracted you initially have been hard fought over the years.....do remember this when it comes your time to vote on an issue that "a load of whingers" have conjured up.............

This issue has led to the loss of at least 5 individual terms and conditions recently over the past few years.

Please be mindful of this and respect the views of more experienced pilots.

Note for Gary.."Well put Paul, so many new pilots find their first day out of line training is sitting next to someone like 9mtl"

It would be more accurate in this case to remove the "out" from your comment.