PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY as a career?
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2006, 18:14
TRon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been here just under 3 years.

Started off fairly ugly, but I have to say it really is getting better and better, thanks largely to BALPA and Andy Harrison.

Most if not all people I fly with are chilled out and professional. Sensible yet solid SOP's and you generally get left alone by management and the company, unless you are a naughty pup.

In terms of roster disruption, well everyone has a story and lots of people say 'Crewing did this and that' but at the end of the day you have to remember they are not purposefully screwing you over, just trying to get a job done the same as we are with limited resources thanks to some sh!t managment a few years ago. I have always been civil, put my point across and often they can and will help, if they can.

About a year and a half ago I was very seriously looking elsewhere but I can honestly say that I am now really enjoying working here, and havent looked in the back of Flight for months! Why? Rostering has let up, command is round the corner and I always said I would move when I did not enjoy going to work anymore. Overall I have not had one other guy moan for as long as I can remember (which is two minutes... )

Most months averaging 60-70 hours, Take home SFO non TRSS Average £3100. £3400 on a good month.

Will I stay for my career? Who knows what will happen..but with my share options and the share price where it is and a CEO who doesn't seem to be a complete arse where else is there that isn't getting worse rather than better, plus I see easyJet in talks with Oasis. Maybe me might do long haul one day...well we can all dream for orange 330!!