PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 28th Dec 2006, 16:58
Mo91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard it before!!!

Originally Posted by scameron77
The biggest hurdle you will encounter in Europe is your name on the top of a CV. Not being harsh, I'd be surprised if that hasn't crossed your mind already.

I have heard all about my name being on the top of CVs...but it isn't going to stop me from persuing my dream. I'm sure those who judge from the inside will see the real person behind the name and disregard any mis-perceptions of me. I am a hard-working diligent worker as the teachers put it and I'm also on course for a great set of GCSEs. Taking the same form into College and then Uni will get me in a favourable position. And then earning money before paying for training and applying for jobs will be the hurdle that I am most concerned about. I do not believe that the minute my CV lands on the desk...it will be turned away instantly. If I did I would have long left this forum.
So thanks for the thought but i'm not much of a pessimist and I am looking to the future. I've heard that comment at school many a time but its better for me to ignore such comments.
I shall next be in touch with you the day BA take me on board
Mohammed