PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth News ?
Thread: Perth News ?
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2006, 13:02
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they have to be better at it than Network, Skippers, National Jet, Maroomba
If you were a miner, which would you prefer, a hot meal and great legroom on the F50, or a biscuit and juice/croissant/etc on the Dash/Bras and having to fold yourself up into your seat if you're taller than average?

Seriously though, I can remember one contract getting yanked a few years ago from a particular operator and going to another because they 'did it better'. Guess it depends on how much the mine would have to pay out to ditch the contract vs the benefit... HOWEVER... many might think it worth the hassle if the on-time performance/delay factor would be greatly reduced...

I reckon the figure for 10 departures in 30min is probably conservative, I'd say at least half that amount from each of the bigger operators every 30-60mins at that time... I always did admire the ATC guys n girls sitting there at 0610 watching that bloody big line of Brasilias, Metros, F50s etc... and if you've ever paxed on the pencil in summer, you'd appreciate that 20mins holding in a taxi queue aint that great!!!

Skywest could get into the FIFO stuff in a fairly big way if they play it right... eventually having 7 50's means they'd have at least one to use on charters and have the other for breakdown redundancy etc (as seems to be the case lately)