PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2006, 08:32
212man

Received 336 Likes on 188 Posts
NEO, not at all: I too spent many a year on the receiving end of SPDC and know exactly what you are referring to.

What I take umberage at is the suggestion that suddenly finding yourself 'homeless' while on leave, or being forcibly repatriated to a country you no longer have a home in, is not an 'inconvenience' (as I put it). I'd suggest it would be whether you work for BHL, CHC, Shell, Agip, ExxonMobil or any other company you care to mention. Generally they don't want to leave anyway, particularly given the fact that the husbands remain on a standard non-touring status!

My initial comment was simply to highlight the fact that this action had taken place, and seemed to be appropriate to post given the direction the thread is running. It was not in any way shape or form meant to comment on differences in Ts and Cs between companies. Talking to someone who worked for BHL and had his family evacuated from Warri in 1994 for 4 months, he confirmed it was a real pain in the A**e.

I would have thought it was good news for those pushing to improve Ts and Cs as it is pretty firm proof of the perceived dangers by the clients.

I'm curious to hear the comments from some about Shell staff using houseboys etc: I suppose all the CHC and BHL guys do their own laundry and house keeping!

Ho hum.

PS. NEO, I'd look daft in Plus 2s, so no worries there