PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to explain all these documents???
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2006, 01:02
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brindabella

Yes without a doubt, but IMHO they are waaay better than they used to be.

Problem was converting from post colonial British is best = proscriptive = tell you how to make a watch rather than tell you the time = to presciptive = the time is. You will recall we were stoll ordering new Dragon Rapides for our International airline whilst the rest of the world was already into the DC2 age and eventually Qantas had to put their foot down and refused point blank to take the "best because it is British (and they would basically give them to us for free) " Comet and Vanguard instead of the Boeing 707 and Electra.

Somewhere in my dusty archives unless I threw it away in house move no.10? the ANRs circa 1960's were an A5 size volume 'bout 1cm thick.

Politicly and culturaly we are still attached to the "British", some would say Irish, way of doing things. To pre emptively transfer everything to the FAA system would solve a large number of issues at a stroke. What problems would it would bring? Some I'm sure but instinct tells me they would be net fewer than we now have. But then how would we deal with that abortion of a thing called the EU.

Bugger its Christmas break time to go have another lie down.