PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which ATPL Ground School?
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2006, 21:19
dartagnan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, Alex take care of us,and this is why so many students chose Bristol.
when I studied 2-5 hours a day at home, I need a school to understand my needs.(now I sound like I am selling a product again!!sorry these are sentences I have learned during my english lessons)

I am not on the bristol payroll( I would like to be), and I have nothing to do with Bristol.gs, but sometimes I hear some guys asking me if Bristol is good. I tell them they will have to work hard everyday, and commit for 7 months(that's the secret).
If they can do that, they will save lot of money.the school is good if you are ready to study. It is more about you than about the school.

I don't say other school are bad, they suit for a different mentality. Some guys still need an instructor in front of them and can not study by themselves for hours.
Regarding the printing material, I like the one of Oxford and I liked their weather DVD, the binders of Bristol are good but less detailed.

accommodation at Oxford is more expensive as you have to spend 4 weeks in these beautiful towns.
for me, it was lot of fun ,and the course was very interesting and enjoyable (the brushing course is very intense, at this time, we didn't have online database only feedback questions to keep us busy until 1 am...)

I would be interested by the number of students who sign with Bristol DL or Oxford and give up.

I don't know what is this story about modular vs Integrated, Bristol is a JAA school recognized by non UK countries.I think they work with several aviation schools in europe.

bristol or Oxford, chose what you want, but please consider their DL course if you are short of cash.

Last edited by dartagnan; 27th Dec 2006 at 21:40.